Old November 17th 05, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

Default Frank Gilliland is an Unmitigated Liar..As If THAT Was News.....

Frankie of Silliland untruthfully wrote but still tried to pass off as
legitimate:
On 16 Nov 2005 07:02:10 -0800, wrote in
.com:

snip
he would be required to own them in the Army

Having never served in the Army, I never had that problem.

The two sets of dress blues I owned while in the Marine Corps were
issued to me, free of charge. A "perk" of assigned duties.

More bull#### from Major Dud [sigh]. Uniforms in the Corps are never
issued "free of charge", assigned duties or not.

Deeper sigh....

Frankie of Silliland (Mr. FoS) simply proves he IS the liar I
accuse him of being.

Marines assigned to Eighth and I, Recruiting Duty, Drill Field,
Embassy Duty and Independent Duty (ie: Active Duty Marines assigned to
the active support component of Reserve units, ROTC Instructor Duty,
duty at a military acadamy, etc...) ARE issued Dress Blues and they ARE
issued "free of charge".

And the first issue of uniforms IS issued "free of charge", and
the monies that Frankie refers to are MAINTENACE fees. There is no
assessment against the service person for their issue.

You get a small
clothing allowance each month but it's not nearly enough to maintain
the minimum required uniforms, let alone pay for dress blues.

Uhhhhhh...Franikie...Unless they changed it BACK since 1992, the
clothing allowance was made a once-a-year entitlement in the late 80's.

And from the time I joined the Corps to this very day I think I have seen only
two sets of used dress blues for sale -- the uniform means too much to
a Marine to buy them second-hand, and for the same reason they are
rarely ever sold or given away even after discharge. Heck, I still
have mine hanging in the closet next to my float jacket. Yet Dudly
claims he "owned" (past tense) not one but two sets? Pure bull####

The bull#### is yours, Frankie.

I was assigned to Independent Duty TWICE in my career. I received
TWO issues of Dress Blues. One as a Lance Corporal, the other as a
Staff Sergeant.

And you know what the difference is between YOUR "dress blues" and
mine, Frankie...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ