Old November 16th 05, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MnMikew

Default DX Season

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"clifto" wrote in message
news
Michael Lawson wrote:
No thanks. I'll take snow and 4 seasons over
two: hurricane and non-hurricane season.

I'd willingly send you all the snow we get, free of charge, if it

were
possible. I can take the cold, I can take the wind, I can take the

cold
wind, I can take the piles and piles of pillowesque jackets and

parkas
and layer upon layer of layers and layers of clothing. But I HATE

SNOW.

P.S. Snow that only stuck to surfaces not related to driving (e.g.

concrete,
asphalt, windshields, fenders) would be grudgingly acceptable.

When we got our 15-16 inches of snow right around
Christmas last year, I was a happy man. Since I work
most days from home, driving doesn't bug me much.
Plus, it's always fun to see the people who don't know
how to drive in snow off in the ditches.

--Mike L.

We had our first measurable snow in MN last night. Of course the roads were
full of accidents this am. Not as many as I anticpiated but the ones I saw
were bad ones. Two involved people tangling with snowplows.

It's like people have to relearn winter driving every year.