Old December 9th 04, 02:15 AM
w9gb

"KA9S-3_Jeff" wrote in message
Wanted - Cheap - for Drake TR-4C: broken AC-4 or AC-3, or home brewed
power
supply, or modifiable power supply by other manufacturer, or interesting
power transformer.
--------
I want to power up a Drake TR-4C I picked up. It did not have a power
supply. The price an AC-4 power supply brings today is more that the
transceiver is worth. Are there more radios out there than power supplies?
(Kind of like there are more horses asses than horses). Are the high AC-4
prices a function of scarcity or what?

I always see AC-3 and AC-4 units on eBay weekly.. broken and otherwise.

Here are the repair web pages for the broken power units:

Troubleshooting
http://www.wb4hfn.com/DrakeArticles/...leshooting.htm

Capacitor Rebuild
http://www.wb4hfn.com/DrakeArticles/...Rebuilding.htm