Old November 17th 05, 11:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KC1DI

Default 1/4 vertical antenna height

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:42:30 -0500, Chuck W. wrote:

Looks like I have an opportunity to purchase a Butternut HF6VX 80-10
vertical with the CPK counterpoise for maybe $340 for the whole thing.
Seem like a reasonable thing to do? Decent antenna? Otherwise I have
my 80 meter full wave loop at about 50 feet. I'm assuming the vertical
would outperform the loop for DX on 75 and 40 meter bands.

-Chuck
W1CEW

HI Chuck,

Don't know about 80 & 40 but it will help fill in the nulls in the loops
pattern on the upper bands also.. I'm with the other commentor though
don't take the loop down.
73 Dave
KC1DI