Old November 17th 05, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Gary P. Fiber

Default FYI: Icom IC-7000 approved

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:27:40 GMT, (-=H=-) wrote:

In article ,

says...

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:16:44 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

The FCC approved the new Icom IC-7000 on November 15, and I hear that
they are expected to be available by the end of the month.

"Perce"
(aka Alan NV8A)

And I was told Monday by an HRO manager that the price will be $1,500.

Dick

Since when does ham equipment need FCC approval?

73
Roger ZR3RC

Roger,

Here in the USA, the Federal Communications Commission must
grant Type Approval to commercially-made amateur radio gear
before it can be sold.

73,
Dean K5DH

ONLY when it is capable of receiving above 30 MHz must it be approved
for FCC Part 15. The Commerically made amateur transmitters are not
tested and only need meet the technical requirements of FCC Part 97
just like any home built transceiver.

Gary K8IZ