Old July 3rd 03, 08:48 PM
Phil Kane

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:54:46 GMT, Duane Allen wrote:

I would think that the University already has or can easily get
non-amateur resources (both hardware and spectrum allocation) that would
support your research projects. The challenging task is finding out who
may have such resources. In addition to checking with the project lead
faculty, you may need to check with the department head and the college
dean. An often overlooked channel for information is contacting the
purchasing persons at the department/college/campus levels. They know
who requisitioned what. From there you can go to the requisitioners and
find out what administrative activities they went through for licensing.

Yes, UC does have such resources, and the source of who has what
where throughout the UC system is the Office of the Vice President
of Administration, located on the UC Berkeley campus.

At least that's who we used to deal with concerning radio spectrum
assignment and licensing matters for the UC system.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane