Old November 17th 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
K4YZ

Default A Practical Challenge For The Feeble Five...And A Bloody Nose For FoS

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:47:25 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in t:

snip
My copy of MCO P10120.28G (Individual Clothing Regulations) dated 08 Jul05
says:

Notice the date. The regs were different when I was in the Corps (and
when Dudly claims to have served).

No, they were NOT different, except for the one-and-only part you
DID get right...INITIALLY Marines only received a monthly allowace for
MAINTENANCE of uniforms.

snip
Cash payment IS required for replacement of issued uniform items, and Marines
are paid a monetary yearly "maintenance allowance" on the anniversary oftheir
enlistment.

We were given a monthly clothing allowance and it wasn't much -- just
a few dollars each month.

Uh huh.

In the early 80's.

If you want to make a case then post the regs that were in effect at
the time in question.

The "regs" that Hans, K0HB quoted are almost the same as those in
force "back then".

A quick phone call or letter to HQMC can verify the changes.

In the mean time, get a hankie and wipe the blood off your nose.
You look silly, Mr Silliland...

Steve, K4YZ