Old November 18th 05, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT

Default Emoto Rotators

wrote in message
Hi All,
I have been offered an unused Emoto 1103 (or 1102 - not sure as no
external markings) at what appears to be a very reasonable price. The only
problem is that it does not come with a control unit.
I have searched the 'net high and low for information but to no avail.
So - my choices seem to be:
1. Acquire a circuit of the rotator so that I may make my own control
unit.
2. Purchase a suitable control unit (the local agent in Australia is
unable to supply same)
3.Sell the rotator on behalf of the original vendor (a friend, who would
be more than happy for me to do so)
4.Forget the whole thing and stick to bits of wire stuck up the nearest
tree

Any help or advice will treated with the respect it deserves!
Cheers
Alan
VK2ADB

Depends on how much you know. If the Emoto is in the same price class as the
Yaesu and HyGain, it would be worth while to build your own control box. I
would not try to duplicate their unit; just go for something basic with a
momentary contact DPDT switch for direction, and a 0 - 1 ma meter for an
indicator. If this is a 3 wire or 4 wire unit, forget about it.

Tam/WB2TT