Old November 18th 05, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint

Default Tennessee Nurse: Steven J Robeson, LPN, CAP MAJOR

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote in message
ink.net...
an old friend wrote:
wrote:

And another thing. Jim, Dave, and Mike just might have been able to
pull Steve back from the brink with a little intervention. But no.
They sanctioned his lunacy by "thier" silence.

esp Dave who it sems is his friend

Oh, I'm not "ESP Dave". My friends just call me "Dave". You may call
me
"Mister Heil". It seems like ages since you've discussed anything here
but Steve. Tell us how you feel about the possible ramifications
brought
on by taking privileges away from code-tested Techs.

As I read the NPRM, each licensee will keep the privileges that they have
until and unless they take a test to upgrade. That means the code-tested
Techs will keep the HF privileges that they now have.

You know that, Dee...Dave knows it as do I and anyone else with an
IQ over 80 or a drop of common sense.

The FCC pretty well learned from the "Incentive LIcensing" debacle
where they essentially "revoked" privileges that taking something away
was NO "incentive"!

But there will be folks who will scream that their "rights" are
being violated over and over in an attempt to gain sympathy and to try
and sway opinion. One particular frequent poster in this forum is very
good at that.

73

Steve, K4YZ

If the FCC is going to eliminate code testing (and I think they will), their
approach seems reasonable to me. No one gains privileges and no one loses
privileges. Everyone on HF, no matter when they tested, will have taken at
least two tests to get there.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE