Old November 20th 05, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Default Windy Anderson's 11/14 Reply to Comments

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
on Thurs 17 Nov 2005 02:45

From: on Nov 16, 2:20 am
Dave Heil wrote:

In other words, if it didn't make money for you, it wasn't going to
get your time and effort.

You really can't understand anyone who doesn't have YOUR
immaculate set of "standards" can you?

I've met people like you, Len. They're all about what positions they've
held, how much they made, the cost of their home(s), the brand and year
of the car they drive. They miss a lot of life. They never seem to do
anything for the love of it.

sounds more like you and Stevie than Len

You don't tell us why *you* are so interested in something you are
not a part of and most probably never will be.

Take off your baby shoes and quit bawling like an infant.

YOU, still in your baby shoes, aren't worthy of an answer
to your demands for "motivation." When given, you won't
accept any reasonable explanation.

I don't care to be a baby sitter for some puerile mewling
about "baby shoes."

It isn't just about baby steps (not baby shoes), is it? You don't care
to join an activity where you'd still be considered a beginner, do you?
I mean, you haven't achieved the neophyte level in amateur radio.

more projecting and assuming agains Alas for Dave he does not seem to
know what ASSuming leads to

Let's see...I am retired from a successful career (from regular
hours, I still do contract work IF I want to) in electronics
design engineering, have a fine house (all paid for), have a
wonderful wife (who was also my high school sweetheart), have
had enough TITLES and POSITIONS to satisfy me, half century,
a comfortable income to handle easy living now.

What do your former employment, income, home and marital status have to
do with your getting an amateur radio license, Len?

what does the sexual habits of anyone have to do with it either?

doesn't stop you and Stevie from making an issue of them

You've told us how great things are for you many, many times, Len.
As if all that somehow explains your obsession.

"Obsession?!?" :-)

Trying to change federal law is an "obsession?"

In your case, yes, it is. You are obsessed.

so what then?

Yes, I can see where baby shoe wearers would get petulant and
whiny if their hobby radio toys and merit badges are
threatened...

But you still haven't taken even the first baby step to getting an
amateur radio license.

Again with "baby shoes." Irrational.

I do NOT NEED TO PROVE ANYTHING by getting more TITLES, more
certificates suitable for framing.

Not about that at all.

YES, it IS, Jimmie. You haven't graduated to ADULT shoes
yet and you are in middle age.

You can write "YES it IS" all you want. Obtaining an amateur radio
license isn't about those things.

it should not be but many Hamas don't seem to show they are not into
such such things

Then why are you so unfriendly here, Len?

PCTAs are NOT a friendly sort when their radio toys and merit
badges are threatened.

How are you threatening anyone's radio equipment, Len? Tell us about
the merit badges. Back to the question: Why are you so unfriendly here?

indeed I would like to know how Len posting is threatening to anyone
radio toys or license status

Len however is not truely able to explain that

perhaps if you or esp Stevie took a long hard look in the mirror you
might enlighten us

Especially those who are still wearing
their baby shoes such as yourself.

We are secure
in ourselves. We've "done it" and DON'T need to brag, don't
need more pretty certificates suitable for framing.

Then why are you here?

It is part of a greater effort to eliminate morse code testing
from United States amateur radio regulations on license exams.

How many times must I repeat that before you understand?

It'll likely never be understood by folks, Len. After all, you aren't
remotely involved in amateur radio. It sounds as if you have an obsession.

It seems to me that what you most enjoy about amateur radio is insulting
and denigrating radio amateurs via the internet.

Sorry, Jimmie, I only "insult" those poor misguided souls
who think that morse code mode communications is still
"cutting-edge technology skill" in radio.

That's simply incorrect, Leonard. You insult anyone who favors
retention of morse testing in amateur radio. I don't recall a single
soul who claims that morse code represents cutting edge technology.

Jimmie, WHY do YOU continue to insult, demean, anatagonize all
who see to remove the code test?

"Jimmie", "Brother of Dudly", "Reverend Jimmie", "Nun of the Above". Do
any of those sound familiar to you? Would you prefer to see a more
complete list of your insulting, demeaning and antagonistic names for folks?

Why are YOU so obsessed with retaining it?

Why are YOU so obsessed with regressing U.S. amateur radio?

Please explain how retention of morse testing is regression in any form.

by defeating the aims of the ARS haven't you been reading anything all
these years

After all, morse code is used daily by thousands of radio amateurs.

had enough of dave flushing the rest