Old November 20th 05, 03:29 AM posted to alt.crime,alt.politics.republicans,rec.radio.shortwave,us.military.army
John Barnard

Default US admits use of white phosphorous against people in Iraq

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote:

In article , David
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:14:40 -0500, "Howard C. Berkowitz"
wrote:

In article , Carter-K8VT

DU does not atomize.

That was the original thinking. Studies have since shown that DU
particles become small enough to become wind borne and have been found
up to 25 miles from the impact site.

Recent research suggests that the particles of DU
when pulverized by such actions a armor impacts are too large to be
retained in the human body for any appreciable time and will be
rejected. If so, there is little or no danger that DU will build up in
a human even with repeated exposures.

Also not true. The latest studies *have* found significant amounts of DU
retained in humans.

I'm interested in qualified scientific studies in this area. Have you
any citations?

http://www.thefourreasons.org/duresources.htm

I'm afraid I was looking for recent studies from peer-reviewed medical
journals or conferences, or at least from research centers that
published the detailed experiements. This seems to be a bibliography at
a partisan site.

Here goes with the publications:

1. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2005 Sep;56(3):227-32.
2. Health Phys. 2005 Sep;89(3):267-73
3. Appl Radiat Isot. 2005 Sep;63(3):381-99
4.Mil Med. 2005 Apr;170(4):277-84
5. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2005;32(1):58-60

I could list a total of about 146 papers but I'd prefer not to do so.

JB