Old November 20th 05, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Caveat Lector

Default will rabit ear antennae increase signal pick-up for TV

Try a 300 ohm twin-lead homemade antenna.
Will beat the rabbit ears and kick the rabbit's butt (;-)

See URL:
http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/dipole.html

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..

"Collon" wrote in message
I just bought the battery operated TV below. I cannot get any of the
stations, probably because I am 30 miles away from them. The thing has a
built in antenna, but it also has a place where I can connect a more
powerful antenna. Will a rabit ear antenna increase my chances of picking
up a tv signal that the built in antenna will not?

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-GPX_5_Bl...er_Radio_Combo

it can't hurt. and it would give you a way to get the antenna in a better
position in the room than wherever you are sitting with your magnifier to
watch that little screen.