Old November 20th 05, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Caveat Lector

Default Bye Bye CW

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
First off currently THE CODE TEST IS A REQUIREMENT -- PERIOD

And if you want something bad enough, you buckle down and DO IT, whether
you like, dislike, will use, or NEVER use the code. All the arguments
against the code are beside the point.

It is NOT the code that stops folks.

It is the time, dedication, and good old Yankee can do.

For example, I have tutored folks on the mores code.

The average person needs about 30 hours of study and practice on the code
to hit 5 wpm. More than 90% of those that stuck to it -- passed the code
test. The other 10% required more time and most made it.

Soon the code will go away as a requirement

But then we will undoubtedly hear -- Aw gee I have to take a test on
regulations, electronics, ad nausea

It is the motivated can doers in this world that get ahead and succeed.
The rest endlessly complain, make excuses and get no where.

In Navy Aviation Electronics school, we had to pass the code test at 8
WPM in order to continue on in the school. Many hated it, complained,
I'll never use it, etc.

Until our old Chief instructor sed to us -- you will learn the code or
you will find yourself in the boiler room of an Oil Tanker.

You know what -- we ALL passed

--

APPLAUSE

Hell, if a no-talent hack like me can learn it, anyone can. I made it fun
for myself by designing a code tutor program on my old Vic 20 computer.
Coded tones to ASCII, so that as I hit a key it would give me the proper
Morse equivalent.

Brenda Ann I have seen your posts here and else where and I want to tell the
world you are one talented sharp lady.
Remember my quizzes of the day -- you got em all right -- twas fun posts

High IQ has nothing to do with learning the code, if it did I'd be in
trouble (;-)
--
CL -- trouble free at the moment
I doubt, therefore I might be !