Old December 16th 04, 05:57 PM
TW

On 16 Dec 2004 12:33:55 GMT, "No Spam " No wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:27:16 UTC, Edward Knobloch
wrote:

You really don't need receiver muting for c.w. QSK,
just a receiver who's AGC can be turned off, or is very fast.

..

the receiver's input stage. The signal is still loud, but if you
switch the AGC off, you can hear a breaking station between dits.

Thanks. I'd prefer to something more like Tentec's concept of QSK
and not listen to a thumping receiver or hammer my S-meter against
the pin.

Done right, QSK is a delight.

I think it can be done with off-the-shelf pieces. Looks like the
key is the
www.radioadv.com keyer-TR switch and just about any QRP
transmitter kit, or at least that's what folk are telling me.

de ah6gi/4

I'll admit it's not done very well in the stock Vectronics units.
Using the 20m companion receiver, it's more like an AK47 in the
headphones! Good thing they don't come with an S-meter! Hey, I paid
$19 for a 30m model when TechAmerica had their closeout in
Atlanta...minimal expectations. They are good for experimentation.
I'm working on a solution for that QSK action, something better than
the 1N914 they use.

Good luck,

Ted KX4OM