Old November 21st 05, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg

Default Think about Longwave (LW) and AM/MW Radio Reception andMobile {Car} DXing

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 20 Nov 2005 16:56:52 -0800
Subject: Think about Longwave (LW) and AM/MW Radio Reception and Mobile {Car}
DXing

(snip)

MEMORIES Of Long Ago When I Was Younger : I had what is
was then called a Field Looong Wiiireee Antenniii up at
Sequoia Point in the Oakland Hills. It had a a piece of
Re-Bar in the Ground about 15 feet from the Parking Area
with the End of the Wire wrapped around it to Secure it
when not being used. Used a 50 Foot piece of Coax with
two Big Alligator Clips on one end one for the Outer
Copper Wire Shield and the other for the Inner Copper
Conduct. The End of the Antenna Wire had been Stripped
and folded over several times and Solder to form a Big Hunk
to Clip-on-to with the Alligator Clip. The Coax Cable
got connected using a Pair of Spade Terminals to a 'new'
HeathKit GC-1A "Mohican" Shortwave Radio that I had
built in my High School Electronics Class.

Mohican! I always thought that was one cool looking receiver. Do you still
have it? What was it like? Would it be worth acquiring as a gen. coverage
program receiver?

Greg