Old November 22nd 05, 12:57 AM posted to de.sci.electronics,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Henry Kiefer

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

Yes Jim!
Im not very experienced there (Digital designs/layout is my profession) -
but for example I designed a LNA and got simulations results (even for noise
performance) very similar to a real circuit built from a ham with great
background (found later on the net).
Even a Synchronous Oscillator for 145MegHz seem to work with LTspice. I work
on it today trying to modify it to an fsk modulated power oscillator to keep
component count to the lowest.

Why you ask?

- Henry

"RST Engineering (jw)" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
You are going to use Spice to model an RF circuit. DId I get that right?

Jim

"Henry Kiefer" wrote in message
Hi all -

I'm not new to electronics but to vhf comm. I want to build small
circuits:
LNA, power amp to 10 watts, etc. At the moment between 10MegHz and
150MegHz.

What are the standard parts, cheap but effective, preferable with spice
model availability (I'm doing much with LTspice)?
Transistors, ICs, coil-suppliers, suppliers in general for small
quantities