Old November 21st 05, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg

Default Think about Longwave (LW) and AM/MW Radio Reception andMobile {Car} DXing

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 21 Nov 2005 07:32:44 -0800
Subject: Think about Longwave (LW) and AM/MW Radio Reception and Mobile
{Car} DXing

Greg,

No I do not have the HeathKit Mohican GC-1A any more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heathkit-GC-1A-M...0QQitemZ583260
3589

It was a single conversion Radio with a 455 kHz IF.

Note - The HeathKit GR-78 was a follow-on to the GC-1A.
http://www.cpinternet.com/~ki0le/pages/gr78.htm
http://www.member.uni-oldenburg.de/o...tc/GR78_Schema
tic.jpg

I thought it was 'something' back then; buy a
Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium is a far far better
Radio.

RadioShack Realistic DX-394 "MOD'ed" by Low Bander
would be a better use of your money - IMHO
http://cgi.ebay.com/REALISTIC-DX-394...ET_W0QQitemZ58
32923476

hope this helps ~ RHF
.
.

Yes, I'm sure the Sat 800 is a better radio. So is my DX-440, no doubt.
But I like the looks of that Mohican - I'd like to pick up one in good
condition.

Greg