Old November 21st 05, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Black

Default Think about Longwave (LW) and AM/MW Radio Reception and Mobile {Car} DXing

Greg ) writes:

Yes, I'm sure the Sat 800 is a better radio. So is my DX-440, no doubt.
But I like the looks of that Mohican - I'd like to pick up one in good
condition.

We're talking about the transistorized one from the eraly sixties? I suspect
it was never very good. That was an era when they were still learning about
transistors, and a lot of those early transistor shortwave radios were not
very good.

There was a "sequel" to it in the late sixties or early seventies, I
want to say the GR-78 but that may be a wrong memory, that was similarly
intended to be a portable but not like the "all band portables" of that time
that you'd buy at the drugstore. I don't know how good it was, but it
at least kicked in a second conversion stage on the highest band to
reduce image problems.

Michael