Old November 21st 05, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Miller

Default Mckay Mymek DA100D ?

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:43:00 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

I found one of these at a hamfest, it's a small box with 2 controls on the
front and on the back there are 2 RCA phono sockets, a 12VDC connector and a
SO 239. The 239 is labelled EXT. MODULE so I assume there's another part or
two for this set and I wonder what they are. Any info appreciated.
tnx

I have the complete setup. The exterior module consists of a whip
antenna, about 5.5-ft. tall, and a small plastic box at the base of
the antenna with assorted electronics in it. There is about 50 feet of
coax coming out of the bottom of the plastic box, which goes to your
control box coax plug labelled, exterior module.

The complete system is an active receiving antenna system that works
between 50 khz and 30 mhz.

The Attenuation control on your box matches the impedance of the
feedline to the radio input.

I don't know if Stoner Communications is still in business, but if
they are, the Exterior Module Assembly, including telescoping antenna
and cable, is listed in the manual as Part # 166044. They give a
California phone number (714) 987-4624.

I bought my antenna system in 1988 for about $200-250. The instruction
manual is dated 1975, so this system's been around awhile.

The antenna has worked like a champ with my SW receiver, a Japan Radio
Company NRD-525.

Bob
k5qwg