Old November 22nd 05, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Peake

Default Emoto Rotators

Depends on how much you know. If the Emoto is in the same price class
as the Yaesu and HyGain, it would be worth while to build your own
control box. I would not try to duplicate their unit; just go for
something basic with a momentary contact DPDT switch for direction,
and a 0 - 1 ma meter for an indicator. If this is a 3 wire or 4 wire
unit, forget about it.

Tam/WB2TT

The rotator has an odd connector - 6 pin from memory - but I should be
able to do something about that. I really want to see the rotator's
circuit before deciding if I feel like making a control unit. It
shouldn't be too difficult if it comprises just a motor, potentiometer
and limit switches. The most important bits to me are the mechanical parts -
I can't make them.
Thanks to the other poster who replied - I found most of the references
on the 'net to be a bit lacking in the detail I need.
Alan