Old November 22nd 05, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Doug

Default Harris RF 230 help needed

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:08:27 GMT, "r392" wrote:

I recently bought a Harris RF 230 ac
I need help in the programming area the top is missing that had the
instructions.
Is the rf230ac designation on the Military tag AN URC 505 mean its ac 120v
I need a power cord for the same and any help is appreciated.
Doug

As I remember,
All you do is to dial in the desired frequency and hit the save button
on the memory pcb. There is a function switch on the memory pcb that
associates the inputted frequency with one of the front panel dial
positions. Another function position allows you to do direct frequency
entry on the memory card regardless of the dial position.

If there are two memory pcbs, you may program the unit for duplex
operation, sending on one frequency and receiving on another.

If you keep the rig you really should have the manual.
I wouldn't even buy one of these without the manual.

The manual is about the size of a large city telephone directory and
would probably cost around $300 to $500 from Harris, if still
available. Try to get one from another user.

I sold one of these rigs at a local hamfest about 4 years ago and my
manual went with it.

another Doug