Old November 22nd 05, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG

Default RCA Radiomarine query

I recently acquired an RCA Radiomarine model AR-8506-B. These receivers
are usually associated with the RCA Model 4U radio units and were
installed on Liberty and Victory ships (and others). My unit is curious
in that it has a typical, triangular Signal Corps acceptance stamp on it
and holes drilled (tag missing) for a smaller tag than was supplied by
RCA for 4U systems. The case has the regular RCA maritime
acceptance/usage label inside and the receiver, itself is also standard
issue 110v AC/DC input. I've worked on these receivers on a Liberty
ship so have the books, etc. Anyone know if the Army had some of these?

Thanks..