Old November 22nd 05, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
an old friend

Default The "newcomer quotient" --- a serious policy question

KØHB wrote:
"an old friend" wrote

inventing better contests might be a start

I was more interested in activity in general, not just contests, but hey,that's
a fair comment.

What would make a "better contest" for you, especially as it would relateto
newcomers?

less cookie cutterness a contest where the exachance was to in fact say
something. I mean I do FD becuase it is club thing mostly but I feell
silly going aroing around saying 8A MI

What features of current contests interest you and what features
annoy you?

little about the current contests (those that I am aware realy
interests me, FD holds the most appear but with the imporvised nature
of the setup

What would you add that would cause you to send in a log?

maybe a contest where the points were on how long you were able to
hold a contact how much airtime you were able to fill with a near
stanger

just some thoughts

73, de Hans, K0HB