Old November 22nd 05, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default PassPort 2006 ?

In article .com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

Years ago many shortwave radio companies and dealers advertised in
Passport. Sadly, this is no longer the case and I really don't know
why. Where is AOR's ad? Where are Sony's ads (yeah, right!)? Why
doesn't Degen/Kaito advertise? It's also a shame that the
distributors which do advertise (Universal being a notable exception)
just run the "co-op" Eton ads.

AOR is still selling the 7030+ in the USA (and elsewhere) so I'm
surprised they don't have an ad in Passport. Maybe the Universal ads
were enough exposure for them.

I am glad that Eton sees fit to advertise in Passport but I too wish
the ads were less repetitive (and more informative). At least those
ads don't cause Passport to lose its focus; they don't give Eton
radios "glowing" reviews where they don't deserve one.

I have found, over the years, that Passport's reviews are fair,
comprehensive, and ACCURATE. In my opinion the yearly Passport is
worth every penny they charge.

I also find the equipment reviews valuable. I think most people would be
of the same opinion. Since they cover the spectrum of equipment people
can read through that section and get a sense of what they want to buy
and so attain a level of performance.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California