Old July 11th 03, 02:19 PM
JoAnne Maenpaa

There is a lot of discussion within AMSAT in regards to
University research satellites using amateur radio fre-
quencies.

While these two links are satellite related they may
provide some insight into existing radio Rules and
Regulations for using the amateur radio frequencies
for research in general:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/intro/using-ham-freqs.html

http://www.iaru.org/satellite/

These links are not the regulations. But they do point
to the details.

73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ

"K0HB" wrote in message
om...
Leo Szumel wrote

I am being paid by UC to do research in general.
I would not receive compensation as a result of
this specific research, so in my mind I have
no pecuniary interest in the project.

If you are doing this research project within the scope of your paid
position, then you DO have a pecuniary interest, and Amateur Radio is
not an appropriate communications medium.

73, de Hans, K0HB