Old November 22nd 05, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Jim Hampton

Default Regulation-by-Bandwidth Petition Filed by ARRL

"anon" wrote in message

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

I really don't care one way or the other about code - but most folks

have
no
idea how much information can be passed via that keyer. In my day, I'd
pass
dang near as much info in a given time as a teletype.

/////// B.S. Snipped here/////////

Oh how the tales of dariing do and "how great I am" grow
taller and taller and more spectacular, as the years go by
and more alcohol is ingested..........ROTFLMAO!

Didn't take you long to reply. Who's ingesting alcohol? I've to go to work
tomorrow morning (like 5:00 AM). What is your excuse?

I've put perfect copy on paper using a manual typewriter at 40 words per
minute. A number of minutes' worth. My mention of 40 or 50 words per
minute was a reference to some of the wonder boys whose great exploits
simply consist of 'cut and paste' on the Internet.

I'm simply saying that a good operator can likely keep up with most folks
that are trying to enter original content and not simply pass along a
digital picture, or a 'cut-and-paste' from someone else.

Then again, original content might be something you aren't familiar with.

With due regard,
Jim AA2QA