Old November 23rd 05, 06:21 AM posted to de.sci.electronics,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
RST Engineering \(jw\)

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

Agreed, John, 150 MHz is damned near DC for a lot of us, but as yet I have
no answer from the "spice" folks for the 1 nf capacitor question. A lot of
fancydancing but no answers.

Jim

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:55:26 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Well, just for starters, what does Spice say about a 1000 pf capacitor
with
either ½" lead lengths or a total of 1" of PCB trace at 150 MHz.?

Jim

When they matter, just poke in the appropriate series L or a bit of
transmission line. I use Spice now and then to sim picosecond stuff.
Even if the simulation isn't highly accurate, it helps train your
instincts, shows you which parasitics will have which effects, so when
you build the real thing you have a jump on the complexity.

Hell, 150 MHz is slow.

John