Old November 23rd 05, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Default K1MAN ESSAY: E051028A - WELCOME AARA AND IARN - HAM RADIO WILL DIE WITHOUT THEM

Blah, Blah,

Turn me off; that is surely your prerogative. Based upon my results,
though, for every individual exercising your type of disgression, there
are hundreds who call, talk and befriend. My cup runneth over.

Now the latest on K1MAN as of November 23, 2005

K1MAN email to Riley Hollingsworth, Esq, FCC of November 22, 2005

"you QSYed to 14.313 so as to
wipe out everyone up there! You were in clear violation of FCC rules
by using more power than required to maintain your amateur radio
communications, and you deserve a $22,000 NAL!"

Last night, troubled by the K1MAN email to the FCC, I mulled it. And
what I came up with is dispositive of K1MAN's final disposition. Not
one to readily use the word lie, meaning misrepresentation with
scienter, I'm compelled to write that K1MAN's intention yesterday was
to deceive the FCC.

Here's why. "you QSYed (changed frequency) so as to wipe out everyone
up there!" Here K1MAN arrogates unto himself knowledge of intentional
interference and charges that I went on 14.313 to "wipe out everyone up
there." Nothing could be further from the truth. I made one
transmission the "Is this frequency occupied?" When the answer was
affirmative, I moved.

By making a false charge and failing to produce the mitigating or
exculpatory information of what, in fact, happened, K1MAN, who holds
himself out as a ham radio leader, maliciously misleads our regulator,
the FCC. Where a good part of ham radio is voluntary compliance and
cooperation in the resolution of problems, K1MAN does not possess the
moral character to be part of this colossus..

If this were his only transgression, a fair minded person might be
prone to let it slide with a slap on the wrist. However, the on-air
course of his performance shows that his conduct here is but a minor
part thereof.

Please make this part of the K1MAN record at the FCC.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX
Miami, Florida