Old November 23rd 05, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Henry Kiefer

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

I don't know why "RST" is so aggressive but I would mention here, that the
really funny part begins if you garbage in and get meaningful output!

I like to smell the solder iron but it can be very interesting playing with
Spice and see how changing values can and CAN BE NOT have a drastic result
in the simulation. Sometimes changes are not so great in result and parts
can be simpler made. e.g. changed from 1% to 5% or more.

- Henry

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:23:58 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:
Spice is a great tool. Like every tool one must know how it works,
how to use it to its fullest and knowing the tool can hurt you if
abused. When introduced to spice for the first time I was told
garbage in, garbage out and never assume that computer
crunched garbage is anything other than composted garbage.
What I've found is that Spice does allow you the luxury of saying
"what if" or "how does that affect xxx" even if you are not sure it's
real.

Allison
KB1GMX