Old November 23rd 05, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

Default VFO's for sale.......

On 11/23/05 12:22 PM, in article Sb4hf.1536$1x.1358@fed1read06, "Uncle
Peter" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 11/23/05 10:53 AM, in article 2U2hf.1532$1x.1122@fed1read06, "Uncle
Peter" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message news:BFA9C708.1A84D%

No, I thought it was your stuff.

Naw, I own a VF-1, remember?

Lucky you, I just put a series L/C in the xtal socket and spot tune to the
receiver.

Be careful, if it's a tri-tet, you might get bit

I can get you a good deal on a HG-20, though.. Not tested.

Shouldn't that have said "Not tested, but the guy I'm selling it for said he
used to work New Zeland all the time using it barefoot on 80M."

Thanks for the thought, but I was mostly pulling your leg. But it is
something I do in some of my work just to get the frequencies I want without
committing a big piece of hardware to a simple task.

Don