Old November 24th 05, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris

Default Question on RFI and tube vs newer rigs

gil wrote:
"Transmitter shielding "....you mean the case being properly grounded
right?

Couple of nights ago I was working CW on my old HW-101 @ 50 watts and
not only did my wife hear it over the phone but the person she was
speaking to as well! We dont have this problem over the wireless.

Thanks all for the input

You need to get intouch with the company that made the phone, and
tell them you need the RF interference kit. Call the 1-800 number
that is printed on the phone, and they will send it to you for free.
If they don't, then call the FCC and complain about the phone
manufacturer.

-Chuck