Old November 24th 05, 01:49 AM posted to de.sci.electronics,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Winfield Hill

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

jw\ wrote...

The question was to simulate a 1000 pf (1 nf) capacitor at
150 MHz. with an inch of lead or an inch of normal pcb trace
and tell me what you get.

Such a question is stupid and incomplete. First of all, in
cases where impedance matters, one wouldn't dare use an inch
of lead at 150MHz, we'd cut that short, 0.1-inch max. And
we certainly wouldn't use an inch of pcb trace unless it was
field-controlled with a ground plane. This is true whether a
1nF cap is involved or not. If you were to insist on analyzing
an inch of lead, we'd insist on knowing *all* about the ground
scene. Since you aggressively put your question without any
relevant information about what the ground is like, and where
it is, the question is intrinsically-stupid and incomplete.

Sorry, jw\, but that's the way it is.

BTW: I cannot understand why you're so aggressive ...

Indeed.

Then answer the question.

Answered repeatedly already.

--