Old November 24th 05, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Invader3K

Default PassPort 2006 ?

Here is the actual, verbatim definition of "Passport's Choice" (from
the 2005 Passport to World Band Radio...I don't have the 2006 edition
yet):

"Passport's Choice. La creme de la creme. Our test team's personal
picks of the litter...models we would buy or have bought for our
personal use. Unlike star ratings, these choices are unapologetically
subjective."

Just means the radio is a personal favorite of the editors. Doesn't
mean it's better than other radios in its class, or the best model out
there.

As far as the ads, they need them to pay for the publication
(obviously). If Eton is the only company willing to pony up the cash,
so be it. I've found that the reviews seem pretty even handed and fair.
They really nitpick, IMO, and mention things that I think would bug
very few people out there, in an effort to fully disclose everything
about each model they review. So saying that they overrate Eton's
radios is a little unfair, I think.