Old November 24th 05, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Jeffrey Herman

Default Astro-net from the 60s (was: K1MAN ESSAY)

"Bob Sherin, W4ASX" wrote in message
To be honest, I never felt comfortable on 75 meters, nor did I feel
that I fit in for the most part. There were groups, however, in which
I enjoyed participating,

Anyone remember the Astro-Net on 3885 kc from the 1960s? It was composed
of group of amateur astronomers who nightly trained their telescopes on a
particular celestial object and would then have round-table comments
about that object. It was fascinating to eavesdrop on that net.

73, Jeff KH6O
--
Chief Petty Officer, U.S. Coast Guard
Mathematics Lecturer, University of Hawaii System