Old December 24th 04, 09:20 PM
Phil Witt

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:09:04 GMT, "patgkz" wrote:

I just know that Santa will bring me my Knight Star Roamer this year. Been
waiting since 1967.

I can just smell the aroma of burning solder flux. I hope that Allied
prestripped and tinned all the wires to their exact length. I can hardly
wait to mount last component on the chassis and listen to stations through
the thick 120 cycle hum of the half-wave power supply. I just know that if
I do a real good alignment on the radio, the set will be sensitive up to
30MHz even though it has no RF amplifier. My code key is ready so I can
practice Morse when I crank up the Sensitivity control so the IF starts
oscillating.

If not a Star Roamer....maybe a Span Master will do.

Thanks Santa! I'll leave a couple of 807's for you on the table.

I hope you get it. Shouldn't half wave ripple be 60 cycle?