Old November 24th 05, 06:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Guy Atkins

Default ? Advanced Receiver Research (AR2) Receive Only Broadband Pre-Amplifiers ?

I've owned one of these for about five or six years. It's quite good (and
the price is right), but not as low, low noise as my Wellbrook unit.
However, the ARR preamp works great on DXpeditions in a quiet environment,
giving weak signals a bit of boost. Usually, the s/n ratio is improved so I
keep it in-line during DXpeditions. At home with the somewhat higher noise
levels I don't make much use of it.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
For One and All,

Is anyone using a Advanced Receiver Research (AR2)
High Performance "Receive Only" Broadband Pre-Amplifier ?

Features:
* Low Noise Figure
* High Immunity to Overload
* Completely Shielded
* Suitable for mast/tower mounting
* Small Size
* Rugged low profile custom enclosure

Claim is that these Broadband Pre-Amplifiers use a low noise
figure, heavy-duty bipolar transistor in a multiple feedback
circuit to obtain essentially flat performance characteristics
across the frequency range.

AR2 = http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page46.html
http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page2.html
http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page5.html
http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page12.html

Are you using the Pre-Amplifier In-Doors in the Shack ?

Or - OutSide the House at/near the Antenna to Coax Cable
Feed-in-Line junction.

i want to know ~ RHF
.
.