Old November 24th 05, 09:36 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default UPS Rate Increase

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:24:51 GMT, (GregS) wrote:

In article . com, "Peter Wieck" wrote:
John:

The amount of $$ appropriated for the Gulf War to-date is ~averaging
4.8 billion-with-a-B dollars per month. Allow 24 months, that comes to:
$115,200,000,000 .

115,200,000,000/285,000,000 = $404/person.

As of November 5.

This does not count the thousands of contracts for 'infrastructure' and
other items. That total brings the cost-per-capita to around
$750/person excepting those employed by Haliburton.

I would still rather see that money spent in West Virginia for schools,
or Mississippi, or Louisiana, even Texas, Alabama or Arkansas. God help
us, even Camden, NJ. At least when my present-and-future grandchildren
are paying it back there will be a discernable benefit.

But that would be too much like thinking from an administration
bankrupt in that skill.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

What is really important is how much of that money spent on the war,
goes directly back to the US citizens. Much of this money supplies
jobs right here.

greg

So give it to them directly. Paying people to build
one-time-use bombs is tossing most of it straight down the toilet.