Old November 25th 05, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Paul Taylor

Default Antenna reception theory

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I also found a sentence in Joseph Carr's
book, Practical Antenna Handbook second edition. On page 297: 'Large
loop antennas are sensitive primarily to the electric field
of the electromagnetic radio wave, but small loop antenna are primarily
sensitive to the magnetic field of an EM wave.'

I understand that the receiver antenna works in a reciprocal way to
transmit, but if there are other descriptions out there concentrating on
how antennas work at the receiving end, I would be interested to know.

Regards,

Paul.

--
Remove _rem_ before replying by email.