Old November 25th 05, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Radio Rhino International

On 25 Nov 2005 07:41:13 -0800, wrote:

I just caught the very end of a broadcast from Radio Rhino Interntional
on 17870, which I believe is broadcast from Cologne, Germany. I heard
something about the possibility of their shutting down their
operations, but I tuned in too late to get any details. I decided to
check their website (
http://www.radiorhino.org/) and the first thing I
saw was an announcement that "due to unpaid bills" they'd be shutting
down in December of this year--although it does say that listeners can
perhaps save them by donating.

Steve

Sad day for HF broadcasting when the Africans don't need it anymore
either.