Old November 26th 05, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Longwave propagation good tonight!

The propagation on LW is pretty good tonight. There have been
broadcast stations on 153, 162, 171, 180 and 189 kHz with signals up
and down with slow QSB for the past 1.5 hours. The station on 180 kHz
is the strongest but the signals are still too weak to determine the
language. I also copied NDB "DIW" on 198 kHz in Dixon, NC, and Lowfer
"PLI" on 183.5 kHz from the LA area. Receiver was an R75 with a 33
meter "long wire" and a passive preselector that will tune LW. This has
never been a very good LW antenna so propagation was quite good. I hope
to have my L-400B LW active whip repaired by next weekend so reception
should improve.

Frank
Tucson