Old September 21st 03, 01:27 AM
Irv Finkleman

Cecil Moore wrote:

Is anyone else being deluged with Virus/Worm email messages?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Last night I downloaded a program called Mailwasher. It is freeware,
and very easy to use. It checks your e-mail while it is still on the
server, and you can delete it from there without having to download
it to your computer. It allows you to check the e-mail addresses
of the originating messages and have them deleted. You can then
just download what you want -- messages from friends. I just went
to Google, typed in Mailwasher, and it took me directly to the
download site. It sure helps here as I have had well over 1500
messages in the past twenty four hours! Only about fifty were wanted.
The problem is that I belong to 8 newsgroups, and that's where a
lot of the email addresses get harvested! This is one of the eight!

I don't think there's much can be done until everyone clears the
virus off their computers. Although I am virus free, it still doesn't
stop the e-mails from coming in!
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001