Old November 27th 05, 03:53 AM posted to de.sci.electronics,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
Martin

Default "Standard parts" for rf amps?

Am Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:55:13 -0800 schrieb RST Engineering (jw)
:

into account without even thinking about it. However, a student new to
the
field (as my freshman engineering students are) makes the mistake
repeatedly, even when using a decent text called ... um ... The Art Of
Something Or Other. When their RF amplifier starts squeeging or
motorboating, I tell them that the power supply isn't bypassed well
enough,
and I'll be damned if the first thing they do is put a BIGGER capacitor
on
the supply line.

Like some of us could lough nicely, when a new guy at a customer
(semiconductor fab/asics) of the last company I worked for had to test an
RF Chip. Another engineer came to look what the guy is doing, saw he
didn't bypass the power supply and recommended to do so. The young
engineer put a nice 2200µF electrolytic at the terminals of the
lab-power-supply.

--
Martin