Old November 27th 05, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John, N9JG

Default Station ground/2nd floor

I have a 2nd floor shack too, and the antenna is a ground mounted vertical
(Butternut HF6V). I use a W2DU choke to connect my coax feedline to the
vertical and a 2nd W2DU choke between my Orion and Drake L-4B. Finally, I
found that the only way to prevent feedback on SSB was to NOT connect my
system to the #8 ground wire that runs out the window sill and down to a
ground rod.

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. com...
Mark Sheffield wrote:
I'm not quite balanced in the feed, as I'm using coax out to the
dipole feedpoint, but probably close enough.

A W2DU choke would probably eliminate the need for
an RF ground and also be good engineering practice.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp