Old November 27th 05, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
The Magnum

Default Type acceptance of older 23 ch radios vs. 40 channel question.

"Lancer" wrote in message
ews.com...
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:57:01 -0000, "The Magnum"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

I believe you can no longer sell, trade or give away 23 channel

radios,
but you _can_ sell the microphone and leave the radio attached!

An individual can still sell or buy a 23 channel radio from another
individual.

The thing is why would you want a 23 channel radio? Collectors I can
understand but not an average CB user. I see a few from time to time on

sale
on eBay and some fetch reasonable money. I remember back in the UK in

1980 a
lad lived across the road from my then girlfriend and he had a 23 channel
radio. We always went to channel 24 just to wind him up... I guess im

just
evil.. lol.

Regards,
Graham

One of my trucks has an old 23 channel radio in it. I think it
sounds better than some of the new "junk" out there. All my radios
are stuck on channel 19, so why would I want a 40 channel radio?

You probably don't, until someone you want to listen to goes above ch 23. As
far as junk out there goes you don't have to buy new to get a 40ch. They
have been around since 1977 so there's plenty of good units to choose from.

Regards,
Graham

--

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73's - Graham (www.open-channel.co.uk)