Old November 27th 05, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Shaffer

Default Swastika Xmas Bulbs Selling Fast!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:13:07 GMT, m II wrote:

ramen noodles wrote:

Now here's somethijg some hams I know would LOVE to have!

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/cwhog

Most likely made in communist China. Nothing like setting the Christmas
tree on fire because of crap wires and bulbs. There's been a history of
these factories counterfeiting the UL and CSA stickers.

Avoid this trash.

It's not even a light, it's just an ornament, and the swastikas aren't
the Nazi version. The article calls the ornament a "babushka", and
from what I can see of it in the picture it looks like the design of a
traditional Russian matryoshka doll. I don't think Russians would've
put swastikas on it on purpose. I have no idea whether any Russian
ethnic groups used swastika-like symbols.