Old December 30th 04, 04:31 PM
Left Coast

Well it was interesting and good for a chuckle -- 29 bids on a SB-104A for
$1000 +
But DXace has a point -- you can ask whatever you want - on e-bay and
hamfests
If someone wants it they will pay "insane" prices -- so what ??
Think its called free enterprise -- hooray fer that.

At the next Hamfest when a guy quotes e-bay prices -- reply we ain't on
e-bay
I disagree with "it will inflate the prices"
Smart sellers and buyers know better
Or should
"Inexperienced bidders" are just that -- ebay not withstanding

The thing about e-bay is it is world wide -- thousands of potential bidders
and some one who has coveted an item for years will come rising up out the
woodwork

Remember -- money is no object with some bidders in an auction, have never
seen that at a hamfest - generally it is a very poor place to sell things.

I offered a rare ham book at a hamfest for $25 -- guy sed I'll give you
5 -- I replied which Chapter do you want (;-)

Sold on e-bay for $28
Case Closed

--
LC

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
In article , dxAce
wrote:
W4UDX wrote:

Check out this insane bidding!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

Why do you worry about how others decide to spend THEIR money?

Problems?

Because it raises price standards for everyone else. Next time you go to
buy an item at a hamfest, the guy selling it will say, "well, I hear one
of
these went for a million dollars on Ebay..." Inexperienced bidders who
don't
know what things are worth, and bidding wars between people who
desperately
have to have an item, tend to raise the overall market value of an item
more
than it should be.
--scott