Old November 28th 05, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Trickle Charge Battery

That was the most comprehensive battery post I ever seen. I makes me want
to add (oh boy, some more drain) a circuit that will cut off the battery
when a small percentage down. Now... how will I do it?

Thanks, but all I did was archive and repost! (Although I did incorporate
it in a much-bigger battery "article" I've been accumulating from many
sources [including one video from, IIRC, the Ford Motor Company on the
batteries they put in Ford vehicles] for my own use and for sharing at
the local ham club.)

If **I** had to do that, I'd use a plain ol' 555 "timer" IC as a threshold
voltage detector and use it to drive relay(s) to do the cut-off, but more-
modern designers would use a little more circuitry to drive an FET.

--Myron.
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge