Old November 28th 05, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default Antenna reception theory

Jim Kelley wrote:

Hi Roy -

It's certainly true that a moving charge generates a magnetic field, so
perhaps I'm reading it wrong. But it appears to me that Mr. Bailey is
arguing here that an electron cannot be compelled to move simply by the
application of an electric field. Do you think that is what he is
saying? Do you agree?

No, I don't believe he's saying that. He says,

The small electric vector acts on the internal electrons of
the conductor and impresses a direction force, tending to drive the
electrons along the skin of the conductor in the direction of the
electric vector. . .

Roy Lewallen, W7EL