Old November 29th 05, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Paladin

Default inter-reaction of hf antennas on a small lot

Dear Group,
I have two "main" antennas that I use in my small
lot. About 1/8 0f an acre
or say 70ft. wide by 140ft. deep. There are utility lines on one
side of my property.
One of the antennas is a full-wave loop for 80m. It is up about
30ft.,and feed at the
feedpoint by a 4/1 balun into good coax to the shack. The other
antenna is a dipole;
140ft long feed by ladderline to the shack. I have a tower(60ft)
and a couple of small
uhf and vhf beams also.
My question IS how are the near-fields and the far fields
INTEREACTING with the other
antennas ? What does one antenna DO the the transmit or recieve of
the other ?
How close can these antennas be to each other? What problems will
I get because
there is NOT enough space inbetween the elements ?

Paladin