Old November 29th 05, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Bill Sohl

Default An English Teacher

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...
From: on Nov 26, 4:11 pm

(SNIP)

Having seen some of the handwritten "comments" sent in on
the 2,272 filings in WT Docket 98-143 and ALL of the 3,795
filings in WT Docket 05-235, some are a hilarious barrel
of laffs! :-)

[ chuckle, chuckle ]

So you really don't know what you're talking about when
you talk about FCC "chuckling" over some comments.

he can make the same assumetion you can

By the way, Docket 98-143 had 303 ADDITIONAL filings after the
twice-revised final end date of 15 Jan 05, the latest being
made on 5 August 2005! :-)

Why does that matter?

becuase it isn't suposed to happen at least if it does they are all
suposed to have been mailed before the deadline

why does it seem you don't care about the
rule of of law when it suits you

(SNIP)

FCC received over 6000 comments on the "incentive licensing" proposals,
Len. Without the internet. That's a fact.

indeed shwoing what a disaster the idea was

how the ARRL tired to kill the ars

THE only reason comment volume ( 6000 ) on incentive
licensing was so high is because every General and every
Advanced was going to LOSE privileges. Human nature
is such that when threatened with a lose, people speak up...
but if the changes don't truly alter their current status then
most don't care and say nothing.

(SNIP)

Based on my "first job in radio" I already knew that morse
code was a dead end in radio in 1964, 41 years ago.

Well, you were wrong, Len.
Because Morse Code is still alive and
well in radio today.

It has a following in amateur radio, but that's
like saying that archery is not dead as a weapon
of choice because a group of people like and do it.

Why bother pursuing a dying technique back then?

Morse Code wasn't "dying" back then and it isn't "dying" now - in
amateur radio, anyway.

not what I hear

Maybe not dying, but taking a smaller role as each year moves
forward. Are there absolute proofs that is so? No, but reality
on the ham bands seems to me to indicate so. Your mileage
may vary :-)

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK